Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
False Inflo?

Posted by nauticalcoasts 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 5, 13 at 15:46

I've had some people tell me it is probably a true inflo, but I just want some extra opinions! I really hope it's true, because I haven't really had an inflo before. My fingers are crossed!
Sorry for the image quality. In real life, it looks very much like a stalk underneath the top you can see in the picture.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: False Inflo?

You have an inflo - congratulations! Give it lots of sunlight and heat - it's so exciting, isn't it?!!!

o

It looks like a nubben or false inflow. If grown from seed, this is very common. Several of mine seedlings have done it and then branched. My first seedling (from maybe 2008) bloomed this year....very week and strange flowers. It takes a few years to produce the true flowers.

o

Sorry I forgot to mention that this is on a cutting of an Aztec Gold so it's not seedling, which makes me really hope it could be an inflo more than a false inflo... But either way I would be happy. When it grows more and I know which, I will post pictures and keep everyone updated.
Thanks for the feedback.

o

Picture update:

o

Here are some better pictures of it:

o

Wow, that's a tough call. Normally I'd think false inflo, but with Aztec Gold I don't think you any color on the buds until they're much bigger. Hope it's a true inflo for you!

o

That is a real tough call. I can't tell but I see several new branches getting ready to emerge. I just had a false info on a 5' tall 3 year old seedling, but yours doesn't look to me like the normal false inflo. I would think in a week or so if it's in the sun, you will know. Hope it's an info and you get blooms. Good luck!

o

I don't know if you can tell in the picture, but I see some yellowish coloring at the top of the buds(?) Picture update:

o

The leaf on the left is now huge! Picture update:

o

I think I can safely put AG flowers on my Christmas list!

o

Closer:

o

Wonderful! Keep the pictures coming!!!

o

Thanks everyone for responding and giving me hope. I'm hoping I'll have flowers for Christmas. It'd be the best present.

o

Looks like something is brewing!!! ;-)

Good luck... I am Sure you will see something soon !!!

Laura

o

Any day now! <3

o

Look! an early Christmas present! Congrats! I had one bloom open on Christmas day last year. Great gift! Peg

o

Oohhhhh. Yes....

I can't wait ! WHOOOO HOOO!

Laura

o

Yes, I can't wait. Thanks guys. I have heard of a lot of people getting their blooms on Christmas. Maybe the plumerias know of our holidays? Lol.

o

OMG guess what happened last night!

o

another shot. So far has a light scent of peaches maybe a hint of honeysuckle.

o

YAY!!!! Congrats!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here