Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recent pic of my plummie

Posted by butterfly4u 8 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 30, 12 at 18:41

About a month ago I posted a pic of my plummie that
I didn't know if it was a bloom or not.
Well, it is a bloom. I can't wait til it opens.
It already smells sweet in the room.
It was marked hybrid, that is all, I got it from a local nursery. it isn't a cutting, it must be from seed.
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
I have never seen a plumeria bloom in person before.
I am excited about this one.
My other plummie is sleeping for the winter, but this one
looks like it has other plans. LOL.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recent pic of my plummie

Congratulations!!!

There is nothing like your first!!!

She is a beauty!!!

Enjoy... SHe looks very healthy too!

Great job!!!

Laura

o

Here she goes, starting to open.
Thanks Laura, you are right, nothing like your first!
LOL!
She isn't open yet, just geting there.
Iim surprised how good it smells.

o

How exciting! That was a leap of faith on your part to buy two plumerias without having seen one in person before. Isn't the smell amazing? Very happy for you to be able to enjoy blooms! Looks like three nice new tips forming, too.

o

Congratulations, butterfly!
That's awesome that it smells so good. Can you describe the scent? Citrus, coconut, peach, etc?
I know what you mean about some plumies wanting to go dormant and some refusing! I've got one inside under lights blooming (Phet Pachara) and 4 under lights in the basement. My Dwarf Deciduous White in the basement under the lights has a tiny inflo developing. Who knows when it might bloom!
The rest of my plumies I cut the leaves off to force them into dormancy...of course this recent warm spell has no doubt confused our trees! :)

-Robert

o

Robert,
It smells coconuty.
Sweet coconuty.
It opened. See pic
OK. Now I absolutely love them!
i hope the rest of the future buds bloom!
i won't have a depressing winter if they do!

o

That's a gorgeous bloom! Love the yellow center. I also love coconut scents. They're so unusual and exotic smelling.
You'd better be careful since it's a slippery slope with plumies...before you know it you'll have 11 like me! Laugh.
I have one that's just about done blooming. I keep it growing under lights inside 24/7 when it's cold outside. Mine has continued to bloom this way.
Just an idea if it gets too cold or the days aren't long enough where you are to keep yours blooming. :)

-Robert

o

Beautiful butterfly4u! If you were not addicted before you will be now that you've smelled them. Good Job. Peg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here