Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sbrow156

Whats wrong with this tree?

sbrow156
11 years ago

Hi Everyone. So i decided to get another clipping from the pink tree down the road from my mums place as she is starting a plummie collection now too and wants me to root some for her. haha i converted her lol. Anyway when i went to get it all the branches were squishy and i was looking for a good hard one and couldnt find one. I ended up giving up and just taking a cutting anyway but the inside of the cutting is hollow and i dont know what seems to be wrong with the tree. It wasnt like that when i took my original cutting a few weeks ago. It was hard and full like any normal cutting. Also the outside of the branches were all liney looking (see pic) almost shrivelled looking. i have the cutting drying out beforeut it in soil to root and it has gone abit harder but still is hollow inside so i dont know if it will root or not. we havnt had too much rain lately as it is a tree in someones front yard on a rental house n i dont think they water their garden. what do you think could be wrong with the tree?

Sarah

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner