Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mediterranean_zon10b

Rootting challenge

Hi everyone I 've just received a present from a neighbour . It's a celadine cutting with several tips. It was planted on plain clay with very little sun exposure and the soil was moist.... As all you can imagine I had to remove the base of the cutting because of the rotting that was well stablish into the tissue , so I' ve made a cut up to a healthy zone. Inmediately the white soap flowed , the xilema was healthy and the general appereance of the cambium was ok. Although the cutting shows severe sings of dehydratation ,except on the tips maintaining the external tissue still bright green , growing new leaves and hard to touch. The rest of the cutting is soft to touch ,not soggy tissue or saturated with water rather appears to be very dry due to the time planted on that inadequate medium and the rotten base unable to get nutrient or water up.
I have already rootted many cutting succesfully but never try one in this state. Right now I have a table with 80 f inside a greenhouse so everything stays like late spring , with this I mean that i have the medium , just dont know how to treat a salted tuna cutting like this.

So I need the opinion about the best procedure to increase the succes rooting rate with this extremely wrinkled cutting. I have read about water rooting is able to rehydrate in a few weeks the cutting and then have the oportunity to form a healthy callous out of the watter, or even let the cutting sent roots still being in watter , any way please any recomendation will be very apreciated because the fenotype of the cutting is amazing. I' ll post a few photos . Thanks so much beforehand

Comments (7)