Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tdogdad

Flowers for Pepper

tdogdad
11 years ago

On Nov.26 I picked these for Pepper. About a third of my plants are going dormant and a few are still putting out some flowers. Of course, Psycho does not know it is winter and is fully leafed with hundreds of flowers. Rachel's cloud, Kimi Moragne, Jeannie Moragne and JL pink and white still have many flowers but the rest are backing off. As long as the Mayans were wrong, spring will be just around the corner. I will pet Mona for you and give her an extra treat. Take care. Bill

Comments (7)

• Andrew Scott
    11 years ago

Hi Bill,
    You are such an amazing and thoughtful friend! We are all truly blessed to have you here with us. I have been thinking of Laura for these past few days. I truly hope she finds the comfort and support she needs to get thru these tough times. I am so glad you did this for Laura and Pepper. I am sure they both are very touched by your act of kindness!

Hope you are doing well, and very nice to see you here again!

Andrew

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Andrew. Laura and Brad came out to California two years ago and they are as fantastic a couple as most of you feel about Laura. Laura sends boxes of prizes to my wife to use in her classrooms all the time. She is truly a generous, big-hearted lady and a delight to call a friend. To have a way to give back to her is my pleasure because she deserves it. Bill

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Bill,

You are a truly an amazing friend and i am so glad to be able to call you a close friend. Andrew is correct to say that you are so thoughtful and this act of your geniune kindness makes me feel humbled and happy (teary) at the same time. You have taught me to be just as giving as you. It was you who steped up to me when i was new to the forum and always were so kind and generous. I guess it is people like us that make others feel good.

YOU have made me and my darling little weiner feel wonderful through your beautiful lei ring for Pepper. That is so sweet of you andd i cant tell you how much it makes me happy to see. You know that i love these bouquets of blooms and especially from your yard. Pep would just smile and watch as i would admire my blooms.

Whem you mention about me sending things to Sherry's kids... it is an act of love for these wonderful young kids that understand that people outside of their growing area do care. The joy that i receive from a simple 'Thank You" card means more to me than most could not understand. To see them get excited over the simplest little things that we take for granted, Soaps lotions from the hoet rooms that i collect, means everything to them. I love to make them feel good becuase it makes ME feel good.

Thank you Bill for being such a good friend. I am so glad to have met you and Sherry, Mona and Chelsea. You all are the best parents and i wish you all a wonderful holiday.

Please give Mona an extra hug and another treat from Pepper.. Maybe a longer bath too! :-)

You are the best.. Thank you Bill! You make me feel so much better from your kindness.

Mahalo!!

Laura

• torqtjk
    11 years ago

Laura - So sorry to hear about your loss. If I lost my Sierra (Austrailian Shepherd)I dont know what I would do. It's amazing how they can so easily brighten our day with something as simple as the wag of the tail.

Bill - Awesome blooms! Curious what the two orange flowers are and the pinkish/red one above the two P's? Thats great their doing so good deep into Nov.

Thanks,

Matt

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Bill, what a lovely tribute for Pepper!

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Matt. the two orange ones are a Jeannie Moragne at the top and a jeannie seedling on bottom. Jeannies change color with the temperature as they were very red in August. The pink above the "e" is a Ted Chinn and on its right is a Teresa Wilder. I just ran around the yard picking flowers so several I am not sure where I put them but most I recognize.
    Laura. XXOO

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Thank you, Bill!!!

You are wonderful..