Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arctictropical

Beautiful blooming plumeria inside; snow outside

arctictropical
9 years ago

Nothing like seeing plumeria bloom inside while it's snowing outside!

Comments (7)

• barb13_gw
    9 years ago

Very pretty. Do you know the name of your flower? Barb

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

Hello Kevin!!!

What a beautiful picture!!

Snow in the background and a beautiful plumeria blooming in the foreground !!! What a awesome sight!!

I hope you are all tucked in with this arctic blast coming across the country!! Brrrr..

All of my palms did well last year, except for one Butias . I though I lost three others but they pulled through. The Palmettos and windmills did fine. I hope we don't have a winter like last year!!

Love your Plumeria!! All still growing under light this year?

Take good care, Kevin!! Nice to see you!!!

Laura

• arctictropical
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Barb.... I believe it might be a seedling of Aztec Gold, but not sure! Hi Laura. It's ALWAYS nice hearing from you! Who is more addicted to growing plants than you! Ha ha. Maybe me. All of my approximately 30 plumeria got HUGE over the summer months. I had to put about 25 to sleep down in a basement bedroom because they got too big to put under the grow lights. But the few that I have under the grow lights are growing like weeds! I have several starting to put out tons of buds! I'm excited to have a one year grafted plant bloom that I have had before because the flowers are large and very fragrant..... dwarf deciduous. I finally purchased an evergreen Singapore plumeria plant. Can't wait to smell it's fragrant flowers.

• barb13_gw
    9 years ago

Thanks for the information Kevin, It looks like it is a nice size and love the color. Enjoy, Barb

• jandey1
    9 years ago

Well, that is just lovely! Hope it smells as good as Aztec Gold, too.

I guess it's the lights more than the heat and humidity that really get them growing?

• arctictropical
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, Jandey. It's still in full bloom, two weeks later. I must have 100 blossoms. It grew outside in the full sun all summer long and inside under grow lights in my basement before bringing it upstairs to enjoy. Now I have added a beautiful blooming dwarf deciduous. It's amazing. I purchased it as a young grafted plant in early summer. It really took off growing, continued to grow at the same pace under grow lights, and now I have huge beautiful fragrant white blossoms in just about 6 months since I bought it as a young plant with just a couple of small leaves.

• arctictropical
    Original Author
    9 years ago

More pictures of some of the hundred or so blossoms on my Aztec Gold seedling.