Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

Happy Veteran's Day...

Happy Veteran's Day!!!!

To those that have served... To those that are serving and to those that will serve. I would like to personally thank you for your service. We should be be thanking all of our servicemen and women all of the time for their service to our country. I feel so strongly about these wonderful people and also about how much I love the military as well as their families who also have sacrificed for you, me and your families.

Stop and thank a Veteran today, if not today then tomorrow or the next... They made this great nation for us and we wouldn't have the freedoms we enjoy if it wasn't for them and their sacrifices.

My dad fought in The Korean War... " Thank You, Dad..." I wish you were still here in person to tell you, but you know how proud of you I am... I love you.

To my Plumeria friends and family. Thank you as well.

My friends in Costa Mesa. ( Navy). Thank You... ;-)
My friends In Huntington Beach. ( Army). Thank you too!!!

Some of you received this picture and email from Bud Guillot. I wanted to share this and thank him as well...He knows how proud I am of him and this picture certainly made him proud to those he looked up to with pride, respect, dignity and honor...

Thank You All... God Bless You!!!

Thank you Bud and to all of my Veteran friends and families...

Xoxo
Laura

This post was edited by loveplants2 on Mon, Nov 10, 14 at 21:39

Comments (9)

• phalanx_viridis
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Well said Laura! Both of my grandfathers fought in WWII, and as if I didn't need any more reason to respect Bud! The new bestseller book 'Killing Patton' is a great gift for any veteran in your life, trust me! Im still reading it...it's great history that is lost in the complicated, and cacophonous story of the war, and any veteran, of any war will appreciate it!

I wish more Americans had the respect and humility to tell our veterans how much they mean to our everyday experience in liberty; especially my generation (millennials). So thank you Laura for your post, and thank you to everyone that has served or has had a family member that has served, or will serve. The spirit of this day is to stand in awe of our veterans and their selfless service.

-stephen

• rox146
    9 years ago

ditto-ditto-ditto!!!!!! roxanne

• Bryanf
    9 years ago

Laura,

Thank you for this post as I served for nine years and it makes me really happy when people do things like this.

Bryan

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    9 years ago

{{gwi:1225969}}

It's men like that that made sure future generations didn't have to deal with that kind of hell. We have a new kind of hell now...but the following generations are cut from the same cloth.

• gidgetsocal
    9 years ago

To all Veterans and their families, thank you for your service to this country. The sacrifices you have endured so that others can live freely, are beyond measure.

Laura, thank you for this post and for sharing Bud Guillot's story. What a courageous and brave man...

• chuy415
    9 years ago

This post brought me to tears Laura!! thank you for posting this.... you're such a great person.. I thank everyone every day possible for everything :)

Chuy

• pcput
    9 years ago

Couldn't have said it any better, Laura. I well deserved "Thank You" to all who have served and to the families who support them! Peg

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all so much for the post... It really means a lot to me and to those I care about and most of all many family and friends who have served..

I had the pleasure of meeting Bud that was arranged from A wonderful friend here on this forum. We had breakfast on April 29, 2011. It was the first time I was to meet some very special Plumeria friends in my life. My hubby and I were visiting Costa Mesa for a show at a local shopping center. We met many wonderful friends who I dearly treasure. I was lucky to be sitting next to Bud that morning as my hubby sat across the table so he could breath the air that wasn't littered with Plumeria talk!! Lol. Bud leaned over to me and said " this is the anniversary of the day I was shot down over Berlin". I was speechless when he said that... I was still in the ' numb' stage just because I was given this gift Just to meet this wonderful man. He went on to tell me the story and he ordered the same thing...eggs and bacon just like he did that morning 33 years that morning. Two eggs over easy , Bacon and toast. This was the only time they had this wonderful breakfast was when they went on a bombing raid. I was in awe and it seemed like I could only hear him talk..I could see my hubby smiling knowing I was enjoying my talk with Bud. The guy that you have to watch who will get up quick to ( go to the restroom) and pay the bill. Was on the other side.!!! My hubby wasn't quick enough to stop him, but we got him back later... Lol!! Wonderful memories. Bud invited my hubby and i back to his home and we have been friends ever since. He is remarkable man and when he was talking to me asking about my trees, I just blanked out at the names that I already had because I was so deep in what I had just learned about Bud and how this was the morning of the day he was shot down 33 years ago. I was so moved.. Today, he is a dear friend and I honor him, Bill and all of my friends who have served in the military.

I am a very sentimental person.. ( shhhh) don't tell anyone.. But I did share a pic on another forum of Bud cutting a limb from his tree for me. He pulled out his little chain saw and made me hold the pole so that I could keep things steady. He said if I wanted it, I had to work for it.. His smile is as big as mine.. He climbed in that tree for me.. I will admit that when we drove off from his place first time, I cried. Not because of the cutting, but because of the whole day.. The people I met. Bill made this all possible. His generosity and planning out visit meant everything to me. The gracious Bud made us feel so welcomed and made us drive to John Tarvins house to check out his palms trees. But what hit me hard was the friendship that was formed in how Bud was so pleased because we were interested in his stories about the war. He knows I fly and that started the conversation. We will always have a great friendship because of that meeting. . I was touched when we drove away.. I honestly had tears because I was so touched by all of my Cali friends.. I was so moved... My hubby understood. But , he didn't.. Not if you aren't Into Plumerias.. So to me .. He is so much more than a hero..

Bill as well. Thank you kind, sir!! You always go out of your way for us and for me when I visit. You and Sherry are the best. Thank you for everything!!

Stephen .. Thank you for that awesome post!! I will look for that book to read. It sounds like something I would love. I'll share one with you. It's called " A Higher Call". By Adam Makos. I called Bud to see if he had read it and he said.. " I just finished it.. Lol". I think you would like it...

Thank you for your grandfathers service! I know you are proud... I feel the same as you about our Veterans.. So, thank you for saying all of those kind comments.. I do appreciate you...

Roxane... ;-)

Bryan.. Thank You Sir... For your service and sacrifices as well. I always greet my soldiers on my flights and say something to them as well as give them a hug to welcome them home.. I see a lot of them in PHL and BWI .. The smiles I receive from them makes my day... So, thank you for your service and you are more than welcome . It really is my pleasure!!! .:-)

K.. Well said... Beautiful picture. Thank you!!

Wendi.. It was my pleasure.. Thank you for posting!!!

Chuy.. It did to me as well. Talking about my dad.. They started. Thank you!! Xoxoxoxo. Thank you.

Peggy . You are one of the families who have given all to help our great nation... You and your family have given so.... Thank you and your hubby!!!!

Take care everyone!!

Laura

• jandey1
    9 years ago

Wonderful post, Laura! I love your "How I Met Bud" story!