Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
49 degrees!

Posted by beachplant 9b (beachplant@excite.com) on
Tue, Nov 13, 12 at 22:47

BRRR! I moved the plumeria from the back deck to the front deck yesterday to get them out of the wind. The last cold front cause about 1/2 of the plumeria on the back deck to start losing leaves. The temps went back in upper 80's so they are now all getting new leaves. Only the plumeria on the upper back deck were affected by the cold, they get the full force of that north wind as the deck is on the north side of the house.

Charlotte Ebert is blooming, as are 2 rainbow and lurline cuttings.

It is supposed to be back in the upper 70's by the weekend. I know most people force their plumeria into dormancy but I let mine grow as long as they can dragging them in only when a hard freeze is predicted then dragging them back out the next morning. Some will end up in storage when I get tired of dragging the bigger plants in and out.

Stay warm ya'll! I had to put on socks today!
Tally HO!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 49 degrees!

• Posted by qaguy Sunset 21/LosAngeles (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 14, 12 at 3:03

Socks and long pants....SoCal winters are sure tough.

Some folks are even wearing coats!

As a Chicago native, I find some of the comments from
the SoCal natives amusing. Understandable. But when
you've come from an area where zero degrees is common,
it's amusing to hear someone say how cold it is and it's
around 40 degrees.

o

Here in Austin we've been getting down below 40 the last couple of nights - all of my plants are inside now. I can't drag them in and out anymore this season, they're in to stay. Seedlings & certain plants in the room with the lights, larger plants in the garage. It's pretty darn snug in the plumie room, still have to squeeze some adenium seedlings in there too.

o

So. Cal summers are too dang cold for me. 56 in August in LA, really? I couldn't wait to get back to Texas LOL!

Stay warm everyone and if you are in the Beaumont are Tex Norwood is having a big plumeria sale this weekend, then he is dragging all his indoors and running off to Florida. I need to check and see if Emerson has moved his indoors or not. This is a great time to get some good buys.
Tally HO!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here