Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nov. noID in bloom, and a Nov. surprise...

Posted by SFLGPlume 10 Broward County FL (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 6, 11 at 22:56

Hello everyone,

Thought I'd share a November bloom with you all. This noID was my second ever plumie purchase, at Home Depot, before I graduated to the cultivar big league LOL. I thought it'd be pure white, but it's actually a creamy yellow with a big yellow throat, very pretty!:
NoID2Nov11
NoID1Nov11

I also have some heliconias that are very happy now that the summer heat and the whiteflies (knock on wood mmkaay) are both gone:
November heliconias in bloom

And finally...
I could not believe my eyes when I looked at the single tip of my Scott Pratt this weekend:
ScottPrattNov11

What what?!? It's pushing an inflo now?? I don't know whether to be happy or mad! LOL
What can I expect from this, do y'all think? Will it just push out very slowly and bloom in the early spring? Or is it likely to shrivel and fall off when the leaves decide to drop? (None of my plants have started dropping leaves yet...expecting them to start soon....)

Oh, I sooo hope that I get to see these beautiful dark red flowers bloom! SP looks so amazing in pics.

Greg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nov. noID in bloom, and a Nov. surprise...

Greg, you're in south FL so my bet would be that Scott Pratt pushes that inflo out slowly and blooms in early March. Hope so!

Whiteflies have been horrendous this year. My poor Kimo was infested while others just seemed to shake the lil nasties off, like J105. Not looking forward to a house full of fungus gnats, spider mites, and red spiders this winter on my plumies.

Jen

o

Jen,

Hope you're right about the inflo on Scott Pratt. I have snipped inflos off cuttings as they're rooting--that's not too difficult as the flowers aren't what they will be in future years--but I can't imagine watching an inflo turn black and fall off an established plant. Painful!

So, Austin had whiteflies, too...very interesting that some of your trees were more resistant than others. The ones that ate South Florida over the past year were exotic and so had no natural enemies--and they were equal-opportunity destroyers.

I'm hoping for a mild winter so that I don't have to bring in dozens of plants while, as Laura so accurately puts it, "the eyes roll." LOL

Anyway, I should learn to hold off on posting pics a little longer, because this inflo is clearly going to just get more and more lovely.
NoID3Nov11

Thanks for your thoughts, Jen!

Greg

o

Hello Everybody,

Greg,

That is a beautiful picture!! So crisp and clear!!

Don't worry about waiting to post pics..we like to see as it keeps getting more and more blooms!!!!

I certainly hope your Scott Pratt opens for you. Since you are down in Florida, you have a better chance to have a good shot at the inflo opening!

My Penang Peach is trying to push one now that i have put them to sleep! Wouldnt you know? LOL...now it wants to grow...UGGGgg!

Scott Pratt is a beauty!!! Congratulation on your inflo and for the beautiful Noid!!!

It just wonerful to have any type of bloom....

I had to laugh at your other post about being outside at 3 am!! LOL!!! My neighbors probably know when i get home too! LOL...spotlight comes out and there is activity in the backyard...inspector Laura is home!!! : )

Its always good to have others do the same thing!! Makes us feel like we really dont have a problem!! LMAO!!!

I know others do it too! : )

Take care Greg and congratulation on a fine looking bloom!!!

Laura in VB

o
Nov. noID in bloom, and a Nov. surprise...

Laura,

You are so awesome! You have me laughing left and right! Well, I will even one-up ya:

I told "the eye roller" in my household that I wanted a MINER'S HELMET for Christmas!!!!!! LMAO!!!! So I don't have to hold the flashlight with my lips!!! LOL!

Anyway, thanks as always for the laughs and for your kind words! I am in love with this noID! The creamy lemon color just is killing me! I think I'll call it "Lemon Meringue Pie" ;) (God, I'm a freak! LOL)

Best,
Greg

o

Hello Everyone,

LMAO!!! Santa will have to bring all of us a "handy Dandy" helment!!! That sounds like a great idea!!

As of matter of fact, i know someone who has a light on his head when he does his inspections...LOL..He even lives in the beautiful state of VA!! : )

We do joke about us doing the same thing..

So, you have a "eye roller too?" LOL.. must have eye allergies !!! LOL....

Always fun to laugh!!! Its good for us and i have plenty of help!! : )

Lemon Meringue Pie sounds like a great name!!!

Take care,

Laura in VB

o

Hee hee hee hee...eye allergies...I'm giggling like a kindergartener!

That's RIGHT!!! Now it's coming back to me, about the miner's helmet...I believe it's one "Dave in NoVa"? Maybe?

Laughter truly, truly is the best medicine--thanks, Laura!

G

o

Hello EVeryone,

Close!!! LOL...not "DaveinNova" Im laughing here!!!

But...you are on the right track!!! : )

Good memory!!!

We need to invest in "eye drops" for our eye rollers..LOL!!

Take care everyone!!!

Laura in VB

o

Hmmm... I believe there's another Virginian Dave on here, but I have not interacted so much with him. Perhaps it's he with the miner's helmet?

Anyway, a helmet for me for Christmas, and my "eye roller" will get eye drops! LOL and I usually find holiday shopping to be so stressful! Thanks, Laura!

Here's my noID inflo as of today, and I got a single bloom from my rooting Teddy Wilder--outstanding scent on that one!

NoID4Nov11
NoID Sentinel at water's edge
Teresa Wilder

G

o

I just assumed that my non Plumeria collecting neighbors are the ones with the problems...not me.

o

Hello EVeryone,

Greg,

You are correct!! We do have two D's from Northern VA!! LOL...you are good! I think you may be on to something..
The other D might be the one!!! : )

lol..i like your list for Christmas so far..we will need to add to this later...

K,

You are correct as well!!! They are the ones with the problems..we are the norm... : )

Take care everyone...

Laura in VB

o

I like this way of thinking!

The way I describe it, we have an exceptionally discerning eye for beauty, that the masses just can't see (maybe Laura's eyedrops would help that condition LOL!!!)...their loss, right? But if everyone grew plumies, they wouldn't be the rare treasures that they are! So, I'll wear my miner's helmet at 3am with pride!

Good weekend to all,
Greg

o

Greg,

Beautiful Pics...Forgot to say that earlier in my post!!!

I'm with you on the "eye for beauty" : ) we have to keep this to ourselves!!! If everyone had these gems, then everyone would be up at 3 am. We would never get any sleep!! LMAO!!!

Darn noisy neighbors... LOL!!!

Lights, camera...action!! Way to much fun!!!

Take care everyone,

Laura in VB

o

A friend came over the other night, when I had brought in over 60 plants just for the night as the forecast was for as low as 33. All my babies were crowded around us in the breakfast room and spilling into the living room, including some four- and five-foot trees. She looked around in wonder and said, "I can't believe how much work you do for these," the subtext being, "You're nuts!" But they sure did look lush and green in my house!

o

Ok, I've had a laugh about the eye allergy thing. That is just too funny. Because honestly I have two that do have that issue. Well.... 3. DH, DD and MIL.

However, I can one-up you all on that.

How do I deal with a person who believes and I mean seriously believes that my house plants take oxygen out of the air? Honest to gods, My MIL believes this with all her silly little heart that the house plants take oxygen out of the air! LOL And she's starting to convince my DH of the same silly notion! *groans*

It's absolutely silly, to be honest. And I just do not know how to cope with it. Nor have I figured out how to teach them both that they are wrong! LOL =) I've gone the passive aggressive route so far. Each time either of them mentions that my plants take oxygen out of the air, I go buy another one. ROTF

~Tina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here