Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rox146

goodnight, farewell, aufweiderzein, goodbyeeee...

rox146
10 years ago

What ever will we do without these great plants and their blooms to keep us going for the next 6 months. Some are still trying to push inflos, and others have shut down altogether. I will really miss their scent and beauty till next season and hope we all have the best one ever. roxanne

Comments (11)

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Too funny but true Roxanne!! I truly enjoy seeing your beautiful collection and posts ;-). They bring such joy! Goodnight

Chuy

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Chuy, my first to bloom in May was Kaneohe Sunburst and it just now lost it's last bloom. I have others trying but it must be our night time lows that is getting to them. Our deck where they are is still toasty. I want to try to do some artsy shot of the"dead man fingers" when it happens...maybe with a sunrise? roxanne

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    10 years ago

Rox,
    I bet it would be an interesting perspective. I tried to take some hibernation pictures attempting a look very similar to Organ Pipe Cactus or Ocotillo against clear sky but could not get the right perspective, light or depth to make it work. I would be interested to see how you do it.

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

going to use my fisheye.

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Rox, that's great - long lasting bloomer (k.sunburst) ;). I need to get myself a fisheye!! Love to play with my camera and take pictures of just about Everything. That's another hobby of mine.

Chuy

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    10 years ago

A few of mine are still pushing out straggler blooms ... at they are all fully leafed-out (although some are starting to drop leaves). I'm still waiting to see if my super-late Guillot's Sunset inflo will make it ... it's close.

On a side note, I went by Home Depot the other day, and there was a new (probably leftover) batch of JJ plumies. Mostly premium yellow, yellow-white, rainbow, and red, but also one called Panitta's Red. I was pretty surprised to see them, though, considering it's November and HD hasn't had a new shipment of them in months. No blooms, but they looked remarkably okay.

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

so here is the sunroom that I have moved my "still rooting" plumerias and my newly sprouting seedlings to stay for the winter. The sunroom is over our garage and I chase the sun every day. roxanne

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I move them to the other side of the room in the afternoon for the sun. 1st photo faces East. As long as there is sun it is HOT out there. Eggs under all the rooting ones . roxanne

• beachplant
    10 years ago

6 months??? If anything is dormant that long here it will end up in the trash lol! Our freeze dates are, on average, Jan 5 to Feb. 1.
    Hope you warm up quickly!
    Tally HO!

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

we have our coldest usually Feb-Mar. BUT, they have gotten so bad on predicting the weather out here it is really sad. I had to cover w/sheets 7-10 times last year. I have tagged those that are more sensitive than others and I LOVE the whole sock idea. roxanne

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Beautiful pic, Rox! !

All,of my trees are inside and 75 percent are leafless. I also have about six trees with Inflos..,so they will stay under the T-5 lights this winter. We shall see!!! I hope I can have some blooms growing this winter..

It time .... to go ....to bed , and so must I. GOODNIGHT...goodnight....

Beautiful ... One of my favorites, Rox...

Laura

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH