Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Leaves Developing a Surprise!!

Posted by shelia--greenthumb 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 27, 09 at 23:17

I tried to put my plumeria seedlings in dormancy. I cut
off the leaves and by surprise at the very top they
are developing new leaves. What should I do now??
They are in the gargage so they are in temps. of 50 degrees
or above and receiving sunshine through the window.
I even stopped watering regularly.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Leaves Developing a Surprise!!

Hi, Shelia, I'm in Ohio. I cut all the leaves off my plumeria mid October when I brought them all inside. This was the 1st time I ever cut their leaves off. The one I'm looking at right now is still blooming, and it already has 11 new leaves! None stayed bare. They all have many new leaves. I guess I botched that, didn't I? lol If they want to keep growing, I guess I'll let them! Crafty

o

Complete darkness will stop that..

As long as they are getting some light, new growth will want to continue to grow....Rather skimply though...

I wouldn't worry about it...Just watch for mites...At least you know that your plants are healthy trough the winter..:-)

o

Thanks for the advice Craftymamma and Mike.
We have had some beautiful Indian summer weather here in
WV. I am also trying to winterize a brug for the first
time. The daylight time is getting shorter so they
probably won't receive much sunshine. I will only give
them enough water to keep them from getting completely
dehydrated.

o

Am I to understand that Plumeria's winter over without leaves? I am new to growing them and I thought mine was going to die if the leaves dropped off in the winter months. I have mine indoors in a southeast window that gets a lot of sunlight. Do I need to back off from watering and let it go through a dormancy stage in the winter months???
Thanks for your advise on this plant. I don't want to loose it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here