Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Spider Mites Are Coming!

Posted by elucas101 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 11, 13 at 16:17

This is my second winter using two 4x4 T5 lights to keep first year seedlings and a few young cuttings going through the winter. I estimate it has taken about 4 weeks for me to see signs that the spider mites are here.

The battle begins.

This year I'm much more savvy to what they do, can do, and what will most likely kill them, but it's still a battle none-the-less.

How many of you are battling the indoor grow battle?! If so, what do you have going?

I *estimate* I have 50 or so seedlings, both plumeria and desert roses.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Spider Mites Are Coming!

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 16, 13 at 11:45

Hey E. I hate mites. Fortunately I havent had an issue this year. Last winter we had a bad case of white flies in the greenhouse that even spread to the veggie garden. Neem Oil seems to work great for me with the mites.

Mike

o

I've been battling mites,Emily ever since I brought them in. Plumerias are not too bad and like Mike Neem oil is keeping them from getting too bad. The adeniums are another story as nothing seems to be working. I've already lost all the leaves from spraying them and as soon as another leaf makes an appearance it's got webs on it. Please let there be an early spring! Peg

o

E,
No mite problems seen so far. I started getting some rust on a Dwarf Deciduous White during that 10 day period where we were in the 30s. I had to keep the greenhouse buttoned up and was having condensation issues even with a large fan blowing in there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here