Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Eggs for growing

Posted by spiroan DFW (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 12, 13 at 16:33

Hi everyone,

Just sitting here with the winter plumeria blues, and a question popped in my head. I'm sure this has probably been explored before, but with all the success rooting cuttings with the egg method, I wonder if my plants will wake up from dormancy and throw inflos quicker in the spring with a raw egg under them. Given that I plunge the pots into the soil, I could probably just put an egg near one of the drain holes of the pots when I put them in the ground. Thoughts? Is this a decent idea, or have I just had the blues too long?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Eggs for growing

Hi spiroan... would you put them(eggs) outside the pots ?? I don't know if They would work, I have my Plumies in containers, hopefully Bill or Michael will let you know if it'll work or not!!!
Annamaria

o

Yes, I was thinking about putting them outside the pots, just near the drain holes or maybe under the pot a little ways. I don't know whether it would be worth the trouble or not. Either way, something to think about while my plants are sitting around dropping leaves in my garage.

o

I suppose you have nothing to lose, except a few "cheap" eggs....Good Luck.....let me know if IT Worked!!!!
Annamaria

o

I have done eggs for 3 years now...in the pots to root quicker and better. In the ground for transplanting, never outside of the pot. I thought the whole thing was about the egg being several inches from the end of the cutting? roxanne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here