Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rox146

arm chair gardening

rox146
9 years ago

So, now that the season has come to an end, thoughts of next season abound. Am wondering if you think I can "shoehorn" a tall variety, like Jeannie M. , into this spot shown....it would be behind the blue pot in the ground though... roxanne

Comments (14)

• rox146
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This is the tree on the other side of the entry gate (noid, but great blooms and scent) Wanting to balance on the shown side....

• rox146
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This shows what would be on back side of it...also have a tall pink noid that could squeeze in or would the 1 gallon Jeannie that grew like a weed last year catch up once in the ground? mahalos, roxanne

• gidgetsocal
    9 years ago

What a beautiful space! Is your aeonium in the ground? I did not know they can grow that tall.

To answer your question, my response is, "There is always room for just one more!" ;-) Shoehorn, please?! Lol! But seriously, my Jeannie is very tall and lanky. I am sure it will grow quickly in the ground for you. The pink sounds nice, too. Have you tried to place the pink one there to see what it would look like? I don't think you can go wrong either way. Let us know what you decide.

• rox146
    Original Author
    9 years ago

not sure of the latin name, if you mean the Black Rose, yes, they get huge here by the harbor in the ground with huge bright yellow bloom spikes in mid winter that sometimes topple the plant over. roxanne

• plumerias_lover
    9 years ago

Very beautiful garden! I wish you lived next door. I would love to pay a visit. ðÂÂÂ

• rox146
    Original Author
    9 years ago

it is a perfect place for wine.. ;-))

• tdogdad
    9 years ago

my Jeannies have grown 12-24" a year in the ground depending on how much sun they get. If that is a sunny location you should see it soon.

• rox146
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thanks...think I will put the bigger Jeannie I have in a big pot there. The 1 gallon was a raffle win I got at George's that was gifted from you I believe...mahalos and it grew a lot this year. Only worry is the cooler climate on that side of the yard facing the beach. Time will tell I guess. cheers, roxanne

• chuy415
    9 years ago

amazing!!! perfect spot!! i love the staghorn (airplant) you have!! i have a collection myself! :)
    i think it will be just fine! thanks for sharing. such beautiful plants you have along with the succulents.

Chuy

• rox146
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thanks Chuy..the only other Tilandsia I am looking for is the octopus one. Have you ever seen it? The stag horn is a Grande I have been growing since it was in a small cup. They love banana peels. :-)

Think I will put my big Jeannie from the pot she is out growing into that space and then put the small one I won into it's pot.

So much to do and so little time.

• gidgetsocal
    9 years ago

Hi Chuy and Roxanne- I love air plants, too! Check out rainforestflora.com for the octopus plant, aka caput-medusae. They have a huge selection of air plants and Staghorns, even a few no name plumeria. There is an online store, and if you are ever in the South Bay, their store in Torrance is pretty impressive (like JJs for Tilandsias).

Have a good weekend!

Wendi

• gidgetsocal
    9 years ago

roxanne- forgot to mention...the Tillandsia on far left has a very strong scent. It's called crocata. ;-)

• rox146
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wendi, thankyou sooooo much. Will look up and put this on a stop by list as we head that direction in our RV in Feb. Headed to the Tucson Gem Show eventually that month, plenty of room to pick up Tillandsias.

How often do you mist/water. All of ours are outside. roxanne

• gidgetsocal
    9 years ago

You're welcome. ;-) You are going to go nuts at Rain Forest Flora. So many to choose from!

I normally keep mine outside, too, but I found some cool shells and rocks at the tide pools and wanted to make an indoor display. I will water once every 7-10 days, soaking them overnight.