Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newbie Here!

Posted by kasha77 7 (kathysuleski@yahoo.com) on
Fri, Dec 23, 11 at 21:24

Hi! I'm a newbie here and want to get my feet wet in growing Plumeria. I've been reading this forum and am learning a lot! I would love to acquire cuttings or plants, and have my eye on a few Ebay sellers. When is the best time to start these cuttings? I live in NC, zone 7b and have a hobby greenhouse that I plan to use for my plumies. Would it be alright to get them shipped now, considering we're in winter? Nights are 30- 40s daytime 50-60s. I am an avid brugmansia collector and would gladly trade them to start a plumeria collection. If anyone is interested in seeing what I have available for trade, check out my website- www.gardensbykasha.ecrater.com.I have 43 varieties available along with a few other tropicals. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us newbies, it's wonderful being here!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newbie Here!

Hi Kathy,
SO sorry I didn't respond to your email. I would gladly trade some of the varieties that I have multiples of. Plumeria are very susceptible too cold temperatures so I think it would be best for you and I to trade this spring once temps warm up. I lost MANY of my brugs:( and I would really like to replace them. I really want that Angels Golden Dreams, and believe it or not, I want some more of your noid that you planted in the ground...that yellow one? I did go off the deep end with my plumeria but I cannot help it. Once you breath in there intocicating fragrance you will understand why there so addicting(not all are fragrant and some have a faint fragrance).

Have a very Merry Christmas, and I promise to keep in touch with you!

Take care, and great to see you here!

Andrew

o

Hi Kathy,

Welcome to the forum...

Im sure you will find some cuttings this spring. Where do you live? Sending cutting this time of the year isnt recommened, but some do. I personally would wait like ANdrew mentioned. Rooting in the spring and summer is the best time for success with them.

You will really enjoy the fragrance and the beauty of these wonderful trees!

They are very addicting too! Just like the Brugs... : )

Just ask anyone here on this forum!!!

Hope to see you around.

Merry CHristmas!!

Laura

o

Hi Andrew! So happy to hear from you again! If anyone knows Plumies, it's you! You've given me such wonderful hints on how to grow them in the past, and now's the time for me to dive in! :) I'd be glad to restock your brug collection, as I have the oldies that you want, and also so many other new varieties. If anyone else is interested in starting a brug collection in trade for plumies- please check out my brugstore- www.gardensbykasha.ecrater.com. I will have rooted plants available in the spring. My greenhouses are bursting with over 43 different varieties, and some are blooming now! YUM!
Thanks for the advice on waiting til Spring to ship them. They must be cold sensitive, like brugs. I can't wait! In the meantime, does anyone want to set up some trades for the spring? Thank you for the warm welcome, and have a very Merry Christmas!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here