Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dtl6175

All leaves gone, blooming inflos stay?

dtl6175
10 years ago

Hello everyone,

The information on this forum has helped me take care of my Miniature Divine that I received last year as a Christmas gift. I kept a T5 lamp on it throughout the seasons and it was doing great! After a few months outdoors over the summer, I brought it back in and it has been plagued with whiteflies, spidermites and scale! :( I wiped down the leaves and branches with a mixture of neem oil extract/bit of dish soap and water but that didn't tamp down the spider mites...

Now for the worst(?) part. I cut off all the leaves yesterday because of the spider mites... but my plumie has 5 inflos - 3 are in bloom, 1 has yet to start and the last one is done. I haven't given my plumie much water and the branches are starting to look shriveled (think vertical wrinkles)... I suspect this is because of the pest problems but also because of lack of water.

What should I do at this point since I've pretty much told my plant to go dormant (no leaves but there are blooms)..... Should I give it water? Should I cut off the infos? I would greatly appreciate advice. Also, my plumeria is kept indoors in a small apartment. I have also moved the plumeria out from under the T5 lamp and to a darker room. I really don't have a closet I can stick it in :(

Best,
Felicia

Comments (2)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES