Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
macgregor_gw

Additions to Potager - Fall and Spring

macgregor
13 years ago

Hi all -

Firstly, I am now MacGregor instead of Chickadeemelrose on the forum, I haven't been here in awhile and I reregistered.

I did add two boxwood shrubs to either side of the main entrance of my potager, where the long gravel path starts and goes the length of the potager. I got these in the ground in early November, just barely within our planting time! They provide nice winter interest, and they confirmed my feeling that I wanted the potager to be pretty formal in appearance, so that was helpful. (Also, autumn is a great time to purchase shrubs, 1/2 price everywhere.) It's amazing how thinking and plans about a potager change "as you go."

I will also add a dwarf apple tree acoss the gravel path from the tree that is there now - this gravel path crosses the long one at a right angle, dividing the garden into four quadrants. Our wrought iron bench will go between the trees, facing the garden, so that it will feel more like an enclosed side (no fence on that side).

Do you folks go out into your potagers in the winter? Other than cleanup, I have just enjoyed seeing birds there, and how the boxwoods look against the snow.

Happy New Year to All! -

Donna

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus