18 years ago

I found the link on DH's computer!!!

www.afence.com/SpecialtyFenceCAT/loopwire.htm

It is American Fence and Supply Co.

MeMo

Comments (15)

• dayleann
    18 years ago

Oh, thank you thank you thank you. I've been looking forever for a source for what we always called "wire wicket" fencing! It's so perfect for my little Victorian era cottage. I wanted a 30 inch fence, but 36 will do.

Dayle Ann

• harper
    18 years ago

OMG, who knew! LOL

Our backyard was fenced with that "quaint" loop fencing; still is along this side. We're gradually replacing it with wood privacy.

• michelelee
    18 years ago

Thats exactly what I want also! I didn't think it was so popular.Michele

• memo3
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Here is another link I found on Google. Does anyone know the proper name for this type of fencing? I know it was popular in the 1930's but even using that I found very little.

MeMo

Here is a link that might be useful: More Fencing

• gurley157fs
    18 years ago

YES! I do like this! Thanks for posting.

• campcreek
    18 years ago

AWESOME! One of those, the American Fence Company one, has an outlet about sixty miles from me. Score!!

Thanks, y'all, for the links! I've got them bookmarked now in case I need them to finish the future project.

• dayleann
    18 years ago

I took down the contact info for both those sources, and am going to ask my local hardware store if they can order some for me. If they can't, I bet the feed and seed can.

Dayle Ann

• memo3
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Here is one more link.

MeMo

Here is a link that might be useful: More loop fencing

• gurley157fs
    18 years ago

For those interested in loop fencing I just found a picture of a pretty front yard that used loop fencing. Don't know who this pic belongs to.

The yard is not my style, looks pretty high-maintenance to me - but I wouldn't mind if all of my nieghbors yards looked like this :-).

Any way, I liked the way they installed the fence. I have been looking for a fence that I wouldn't mind looking at and that would also keep my dog in and the local stray dogs out. I think this is the fence for me.

Here is a link that might be useful: loop fence

• dayleann
    18 years ago

I don't believe that is wire loop fencing-- that is painted rigid wrought metal, and I bet it is antique or close to it. If you view the photo full-size, you can see the detail, very nice. Talk about expensive, though!

Dayle Ann

• gurley157fs
    18 years ago

Dayle Ann I do believe you are right - I had to look a little closer to see it.

I could always do a cheap imitation with loop fence though :-).

• dayleann
    18 years ago

Hey, that's my plan! Might be why wire loop fencing was invented!

Dayle Ann

• prairiestar55
    18 years ago

I found my loop wire fencing at a farm sale, about 380' and four foot tall for $25.00!

• crocosmia_mn
    18 years ago

Ha! I saw some at an antique store for $50 a yard! I asked a friend for hers that she was removing from one side of her yard -- she thought I was just joking and I found out too late that she put it all in the dumpster. I love this stuff. It doesn't really go with our house, though.

• gottagarden
    18 years ago

Thanks for reminding me! There's an old roll of this in the barn, came with the house. Not too long, but maybe enough to go around the kids garden. I'd forgotten about it until I saw this. I'll dig it out today.

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals