Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrtoad_gw

potager definition

mrtoad
18 years ago

i read the following today - nice ring

A Potage garden is no mere vegetable patchÂwith a perfect blend of aesthetics and utility, it's a stylish garden offering both edible and visual delights. The fruits, flowers, herbs, and vegetables you grow and harvest there will feed you and your familyÂand your spirits.

Comments (7)

• daisydee
    18 years ago

I like the sound of it too, mrtoad. My garden does indeed feed my spirit and I've been starving for spring lately!

• Nicki
    18 years ago

That's true. My garden is much more magical to me now that I grow some edibles. Nothing like going to the garden to get all I need for a nice yummy salad.

• dayleann
    18 years ago

Yep, I think that captures it in a nutshell, mrtoad! It's a veggie garden with flair.

Dayle Ann

• angelcub
    18 years ago

Yep, that's it in a pea pod, mrtoad. Couldn't resist, since my snow peas are peeking out of one of my potager beds. Now I just need some pretty obelisks like yours for them to climb on. : )

Diana

• mrtoad
    Original Author
    18 years ago

snow peas - wow - wish they were growing in my garden - this year i think i am going to plant "hummingbird vine" in the obelisks - what do you think

mr toad

• aypcarson
    18 years ago

Great definition! My potager does feed my spirits too. During growing season, my children always know where to find me if I am not in the house. I could use some spiritual uplifting now but we are getting snow today:( Guess I will have to settle for some indoor seed starting:)
    It will be a while before I can even plant my snow peas and sugar snap peas.

Adriene

• angelcub
    18 years ago

mrtoad, which hummingbird vine were you considering, Campsis radicans or Ipomoea quamoclit? They like my Thunbergia alata (the orange one), as well. I'm partial to Campsis radicans - it doesn't seem to get out of control like Ipomoea. I can't link you to a site with "eye candy" - GW says no - so try typing in mountain meadow seeds.

Adriene, is it too early to start your peas inside? I'm not sure if they transplant well, though. I direct sow mine in Dec., but we have much milder winters than your area. We had snow last weekend and some really cold temps, so I thought some of my direct sown babies were history. What a nice surprise I received when I brushed away some left over snow. Little green shoots with no noticeable damage. The Bells of Ireland had a little leaf damage, but were already large enough to handle the cold temps. I'm smiling. : )

Ooops, sorry mrtoad for taking your nice thread in a different direction. I'm a bit giddy from playing in the dirt so much this week.

Diana

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville