Return to the Potager Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fun book

Posted by mrtoad 7b NC (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 9, 11 at 7:29

at a used book table - yesterday - picked up a fun book -

"in the french kitchen garden" by georgeanne brennan

i would recommend this so much - the drawing , the writing , beautiful and informative

mr toad

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fun book

Mrtoad- Thank you so much for recommending this book. I saw a review last summer, meant to go look for it, then got busy and lost the title. I'm sure that's the same book and now, I'm going to see if I can find it :)

Also, has anyone seen Jennifer Bartley's new book? It's supposed to be very good, too. I really like her first book!

o

miss lavender-lass � I have had "desiging the New Kitchen Garden" for a while and still give it a glance � interesting information � in addition j. bartley�s latest book "the Kitchen Garden Handbook� is a winner

they both work for me

and if i may be so bold - let me recommed

"Sugar Snaps and Strawberries: Simple Solutions for Creating Your Own Small-Space Edible Garden" - andrea bellamy

o

Mrtoad- I'm so glad you like Jennifer Bartley's new book. The Andrea Bellamy book sounds wonderful...I love edible gardens! My favorite thing in the garden, lately, is to mix in edibles with the flower beds. My roses are looking very nice with herbs and I want to get some garlic, too. The strawberries make a wonderful groundcover, under the blueberries :)

o

I have Georgeanne Brennan's French garden book, plus her "A Pig in Provence." I love the way she breaks gardening down into seasons that work for almost any region; you just modify your plantings to suit your area's seasonal timetable.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Potager Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here