Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancyjane_gardener

My goal for this summer (pics)

nancyjane_gardener
13 years ago

I have many goals, but my main one for the garden boards is to learn how to post pics/make a page or whatever,

I've been resisting just dumping photos onto the computer as this happened on my last computer (kids)and I ended up with a thousand un- named pics when my puter went down. My sis saved them to a disk, but I think those are for the kids to salvage.

Newer puter, newer camera, newer flip camera...so much to learn!

I'm NOT a yajust type person, I don't understand the difference between up loading and downloading. I'm afraid to plug my camera into the puter cause I'm afraid ALL of the pics will load up resulting in the same problem as before! I don't know the http/htplstemzidh! In otherwords, I just don't GET IT!

If someone can walk me to a place that I can work my way SLOWLY through these things I would be very happy!

Thanks All! Nancy

Comments (5)

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

Nancy, one of the things I find that helps the most is I go through every photo and give it a name. Something that tweeks my memory of the photo.
    Then I personally use photobucket. A space comes up that allows me to choose from a any of the photos on my flash card, and with everything having specific names, it makes it so easy.
    Do you have a place like photobucket or flicker or snapfish to put your photos for the internet?
    I also do not only save the photos to the internet, I have a special separate storage device called a flash drive that I use to organize and store all my photos in a way that I understand. It is really easy to use and easy to transfer my photos from the camera to the extra storage device. That way I have the pictures in a safe place, and can put only those I want seen in Photo Bucket.

• nancyjane_gardener
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OK, now we're talking! After I clean up all of the unwanted pics on the camera (oh my! So many!), I'll figure out how to use the flash drive and transfer the named ones there.
    Off to a good start! Don't know when that start's going to be, though! LOL Thanks, Nancy

• gardenmom2
    12 years ago

I learned from the dave ramsey site, mytotalmoneymakeover to back up all my files. At first I was just worried about photos. But, the more I have gotten into learning about my computer and realized all the financial files and documents I have on my computer, I decided to back up all my files. Some people use a flash drive for this, others use a seperate hard drive and others use online services. I chose a service online that I downloaded and it automatically updates itself weekly. I can also tell it to back up soemthing now (say if I put a bunch of new pics on) and it will. I use carbonite. It is a paid for service, but I already think it is well worth it. I know that all my tax returns are backed up, numerous other files, excel files, photos, blog posts, etc...

I am in the process now of sorting and naming all the crazy files on this computer. WOW that is a job.

We are also converting to a paperless system in the office. We have a printer that is also a scanner/copier. So we are scanning in all docs that we want to save, so that we don't have to maintain numerous files. I even scanned in most of the kids papers, report cards, art projects (those we didn't keep), etc... It is still ongoing, but already a huge help.

Nichol

• KnitswellaCakes
    12 years ago

I am on Flickr. You can grab the HTML code from it, and just paste it into the forum. Flickr works for this forum, or it does for me.

• peachymomo
    12 years ago

I have Photobucket and it's the same, I think pretty much any photo sharing site will let you copy and paste html of your photos.

Sponsored
Above Board Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Custom Deck & Outdoor Enclosure Solutions in Loudoun County