Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweetannie4u

Peas and Corn

Annie
16 years ago

My Dwarf Grey Peas and Silver Queen Corn have sprouted!

Need to get them planted, but am physically unable to do it today and there is yet another cold snap coming in tonight or tomorrow. Maybe my son can come over and help me. Hopefully it will be the last of the cold stuff. If not, I will try again.

It won't hurt the peas at any rate.

Just hope it doesn't get my other things in the Potager. I planted some mixed Cleomes on either side of the new entrance behind the Dianthus last week after that last freeze we had.

I have planted in the Potager thus far:

Dutch Flat Cabbages

Purple Cabbages

Nasturtiums (tall Orange w/ var. leaves and the Jewels Mix )

Green Comet Broccoli

Pack Man Broccoli

Nice Volunteers of Chamomile, Genovese Basil, Chicory & Dill

Spinach

Black seeded Simpson lettuce

Buttercrunch lettuce

Bib lettuce

2 pkgs. of Detroit Beets

2 bundles of Sweet Texas white onions (for eating 'green')

Parsley

Leeks

Radishes

Easter Egg Radishes

Carrots

Red Bell Peppers

and three early Girl Tomatoes

On the fence behind the tomatoes are flowering Sweet Peas that are about 3-4 inches tall now.

There are Poppy Seed Poppies scattered around that are volunteers from last year's poppies, and Large Sweet Cream Marigolds coming up from last year's plants too. There are also volunteers of purple & white Sweet Alyssum coming up and Periwinkles (Vincas) too. Cool! I love Volunteers.

Sounds like a lot of stuff in writing, but doesn't look like that much just to look at it. :)

Gobs of tomatoes, zucchini, & 4 kinds of Melon seedlings waiting to go out as soon as this erratic Spring weather settles and the night temps stabilize.

My wrists are swollen from Carpal Tunnel, arthritis everywhere is too painful to describe, especially in my neck, back, hands & feet and Fibromyalgia in my upper arms and shoulders is just killing me. If any of you out there are plagued with these, I deeply empathize with you, and you have my most sincere sympathy.

Haven't been able to sleep nights or do one thing out there for the past several days. Just hurts too much. Can't bend or grip. Hope this too shall pass.

Even so, as crazy as this sounds...I love gardening.

~ sweetannie4u

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH