Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beccalin_gw

Planting tomatoes with cornflowers?

beccalin
14 years ago

Hello all...

I just found this site and hope somebody can give me some guidance. My veggie garden does not get full sun since I have lots of trees around the house except for corner by the street. A few years back, I had added a low maintenance flower bed with echinachea, rudebekia, russian sage... I would like to try plannting tomatoes and bell peppers this season to see if I can get better yield. Please advise if I am going way off path since the water requirements would be different...

Becky

Comments (2)

• jmpete
    14 years ago

from Nebraska...
    I have tomatoes and echinachea in fairly close proximity in my garden. The tomatoes I mulch with grass clippings and water on a daily basis in the summer. The echinachea I don't.
    The main thing for the tomatoes I think would be getting them enough sun and making sure that you water them more often. The peppers may not need quite as much water, but I mulch them the same as the tomatoes. Nothing better than home grown tomatoes! Give it a try.

• beccalin
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Jmpete...

thanks for getting back to me...I will give it a try and will see how I can work out my drip system so that the water gets more water.

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus