Return to the Potager Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Post your pics!

Posted by CactusCharlie USDA 9, Sunset 14 (My Page) on
Mon, May 20, 13 at 1:02

Hi all,

I've been tinkering with my garden for quite some time, thinks seem to be coming along well. Two of my citrus have dropped all of their leaves ;-( but they seem to be recovering well.

I'd love too see how everyone else's gardens are doing this year.

Cheers

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Post your pics!

More

o

More

o

I think you've intimidated everyone. :) You have such beautiful, neat beds!

o

LOL @ Booberry. That's a fair point. But, it does look good!

The only problem is, I've never seen a garden of any kind that looked perfect for very long. :)

That said...I think I have a pic or two around here somewhere...

(Edit: Danged thumbs, anyway...)

This post was edited by wbonesteel on Tue, Jun 4, 13 at 12:34

o

Here is my garden as of last week.

o

That looks nice, Truman. I really like that.

o

Hmmmmm................Makes me want to climb up on my roof to get a nice overhead shot like that! Nice.

Those are some solid timbers you are using! 4x4s ? Looks like two of those beds are sunken in at an angle? Whats that about?

Mine has more of an un-tamed look still, but I am slowly getting it under control.

This post was edited by mandolls on Fri, Jun 7, 13 at 7:09

o

Heh. Our back yard went to the dogs or my own garden would be more than a bit 'untamed.' Our garden went in the front yard, so I had to make it look nice, out of self-respect, if nothing else.

You've got a country cottage thing goin' on, there, Mandolis. There's nothing wrong with that. Nothing at all.

o

The picture was taken from the deck of the main floor of my walkout. We had one big raised bed there originally and last year I tore it out and put in the original 6 beds adding two more this year. It's hard to tell in the picture, but the area is not level and the native soil is terrible clay. The reasons for the beds heading the other direction was for ease of leveling them considering the slope where they are at. They are big timbers (4x4). It's great to be able to sit on while tending the beds.

o

I should have figured out that it was about leveling the beds on a slant, as I am doing the same thing, the pic just doesnt show it.

4x4's would make a nice place to perch when weeding, and I really like how solid they look.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Potager Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here