Return to the Potager Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How close are your raspberries to other plants?

Posted by ffreidl (My Page) on
Mon, May 19, 14 at 11:36

I'm about to plant some raspberries. I posted in fruit and orchards too, but thought maybe you Potager folk would have some experience with this.

I'm worried about root spread into surrounding raised beds if I plant my raspberries too close. I have very limited space, though - the only available spot is around 2 feet from the nearest raised bed and around 5 feet from the next nearest.

What's your experience with raspberries spreading into your other beds? Is there too much competition with the plants that are supposed to be in there?

Thanks for any advice!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How close are your raspberries to other plants?

Guess I should have done a search here first! I see lots of discussion about it.

If anyone wants to add anything, though, please feel free.

o
RE: How close are your raspberries to other plants?

Just saw this. My raspberries are next to a row of strawberries, and they don't seem to spread much at all. If they do I can simply dig out the extra shoot and transplant it back in the proper row.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Potager Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here