Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Grapes growing near the potager entrance

lavender_lass
13 years ago

I'm still working on my "provence" entrance, but I need more room for some fruits and veggies....so, I'm thinking of using two 4' x 12' cattle panels (grid fence) next to each other (so 4' x 24') and growing Concord grapes on them...like a fence. It will also keep the little visitors (nieces and nephews) from cutting around the potager and down the hill into the horse pasture.

On the internet, it said blackberries and hyssop are good companion plants for grapes. I was thinking, maybe the blackberries behind the cattle panels and hyssop in front of the grapes. The blackberries would not shade the grapes (which are on the south side) but they would help block the cold wind in winter.

While the grapes are growing, what about sunflowers in between them? Maybe some pots of geraniums along the front...and some rosemary and other herbs?

Past the grapes, I'm thinking of putting my nephew's bean teepee and pumpkins...it's kind of in the backyard, but would be very cute and the kids could play in the teepee. Any other ideas?

Natal- I am taking pictures, but I don't want to post any until the potager is a little more finished :)

Comments (2)

Sponsored