Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvbocelli

I'm almost there!

luvbocelli
16 years ago

I have been planning my potager garden all winter and now spring has finally arrived and I can put all my "dreaming" into action. I had friends stop over today who will "excavate" the area for my garden. My hubby has the beds all built and I even painted my Purple Martin house that will stand in the center. The garden will be surrounded with a rustic split rail fence. I will be taking pictures along the way and hope to share them all here. Now I need to focus on soil, so I'm off to a different forum. Stay tuned!

Comments (18)

• wolfe15136
    16 years ago

sounds lovely!

• lizelle
    16 years ago

I also started a potager this year. I was thinking of doing a split rail fence as well so I'll definitely stay tuned in for your pics. (Hurry:-)

• aypcarson
    16 years ago

Can't wait to see them!

• luvbocelli
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OK folks, now it is time to figure out how to post pictures. Help!

• manzomecorvus
    16 years ago

hey luvobocelli!

there is a good thread on how to post photos over here:

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/junk/msg0613154624877.html

also, if you go to the test forum, you can actually play around with posting photos until you feel comfortable with it. that worked for me - it takes a couple of tries to get it down!

hope that helps!

• lizelle
    16 years ago

Looking good! I'm jealous of your tractors wardrobe. We tried to take the grass off with a grading bladeÂ. It worked....in patches.... Keep us posted on the progress. IÂd like to see your fence when it goes in.

• luvbocelli
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I should have new pics this week as I am on vacation. My plan is to fill the beds with a soil mixture to get ready for Memorial Day planting. I'm sorry everyone, but the fence and the Purple Martin House will be the last to be installed:(
    The most important to me is getting the veggies planted:)

• luvbocelli
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I am getting there. I planted cucumbers, summer squash and gree beans today along with marigolds. I have 3 more beds to set and fill this weekend, then we will start the fence.

Here is a link that might be useful: snapfish album

• luvbocelli
    Original Author
    16 years ago

So, the vegetable are all planted and the fence is going in right now. We have 4 sections in already. IT's really starting to look great! Next will come the flower boxes along the inside of the fence and the mulch. Stay tuned

• aypcarson
    16 years ago

Looks great! Keep the pictures coming.

• angelcub
    16 years ago

I can't see your pics but I wish you the best with your potager. They are such an enjoyable and lovely way to vegie garden. Have fun!

Diana

• luvbocelli
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well I could see yours. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How beautiful! I don't understand why you can't see mine. Did you go to snap fish? Really, in comparison, mine is nothing to look at............YET! I am just starting and I think it is going to be a long process since my husband and I work full time and my 16 year old plays intense baseball all summer. But it is a start. I love it!

• angelcub
    16 years ago

Thank you, luv, I think snapfish wanted me to sign up or something. Not gonna happen. : ) I use photobucket - as long as your albums are public anyone can view them. It's also super simple to use.

I'm happy to hear your son loves baseball - my favorite sport! My grandson just started t-ball and I have the most adorable pic of him here on my desk. Maybe a future Angel or Cub? ; )

Can you post pics in the message here from snapfish? Please do if it's not too much trouble - I'd love to see your potager.

Diana

• luvbocelli
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Diana, I will try photobucket. I don't know how to post in a message here.

• luvbocelli
    Original Author
    16 years ago

http://www1.snapfish.com/home/t_=37593110

I absolutely love my garden!

• tas123
    16 years ago

Drat - we can't see snapfish pics without signing up, which I personally don't want to do - I get enough spam as it is.

• luvbocelli
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hmmmmmmm, I don't get spam from snapfish. Don't be afraid..I want you to see my Potager!!!!!!!!!!!!