Return to the Potager Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Garden Arbour or Arbor

Posted by sweetannie4u midOK_z6b/7a (My Page) on
Thu, May 8, 08 at 20:20

This new arbour divides the Potager from the Cottage Gardens. I planted one climbing rose on either side of it to grow up over the top. Lots of flowers will grow at their feet.
Here is the link to my unfinished project of 2008. Waiting for the rains to stop to finish the arbour and build more beds. Lots yet to do. More flowers and veggies to plant, God willin'.

~ sweetannie4u

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie Album - Project - Potager 2008

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Garden Arbour or Arbor

Looks great! What is the climbing rose that you planted?

o

On the west side of the arbour I planted Rosa "Golden Showers". Blooms start out a clear, lemony yellow and fade to a softer, perhaps buttery yellow. Supposed to have a "captivating fragrance" (sounds good, don't it?) hehehe

On the east side of the arbour I planted Rosa "Joseph's Coat". Starts out golden yellow, changes to oranges, reds and sometimes fades to pinks. Amazing rose. (Some say no fragrance - oh well.)

These are new varieties to me. I've never grown them before, so remains to be seen how they perform in Oklahoma weather and what they will look and smell like.

I hope they do well. I want them to bloom well, but other than that, I won't fuss.

I want to paint the arbour and gate white before the roses grow up over it. I have roses of all kinds and colours nearby and lots of perennials and annuals of all colours. I have tall yellow canna lilies and shorter bright pink cannas lilies and the orange flowering Bengal Tiger canna lily to reset nearby somewhere, maybe up against the west wall of the greenhouse wall. Eventually, it should all look pretty good I hope.

~ sweetannie4u

o

It looks wonderful. I love that brocolli!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Potager Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here