Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lulabellesview

Our Two Year Old Potager Garden

lulabellesview
14 years ago

We've been dabbling in our potager garden for two seasons now and are really enjoying the process. Lots of trial and error and lots of surprises. We are learning as we go, but thought we'd share some photos with you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos of Potager Garden on Lulabellesview

Comments (15)

• natal
    14 years ago

Lulabelle, welcome to GardenWeb! Your potager is stunning! What part of the country do you live in? Dh & I redid my kitchen garden this year and lined the beds with bricks like yours, but my paths are filled with pine straw.

I've bookmarked your blog for future visits.

• Donna
    14 years ago

Are you sure you don't publish a magazine? Positively gorgeous. Keep posting!

• lulabellesview
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Natal - thanks for the warm welcome! I am new to the garden side, but used to frequent the Home Decorating Forum a few years ago when we were building our home (under the name Fab40). We are in the Mid-Atlantic region of the US. How is your "new" kitchen garden doing this year?

Donnabaskets - so sweet of you to say but no magazine publishing here. We are just homebodies who love to work on home and garden projects :)

• natal
    14 years ago

I knew there was something familiar about some of those glimpses from your house. The bath with the red ceiling, the clock in your kitchen, the dormer window seats, but without a full shot I just wasn't sure. I remember how gorgeous your house was and I loved the colors you chose for all the rooms. I'm glad you're back!

The new garden did great! Best tomato harvest ever! Today I finished pulling all the plants except one. Next week it'll go and I'll transplant a couple for the fall garden. Looking forward to cooler temps and a chance to plant things that feel the same way, lol.

• defrost49
    14 years ago

Beautiful!

• lulabellesview
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Natal - Tomatoes, yum! We are just beginning to harvest ours. Like you, I'm looking forward to cooler temps. I think, for the first time, we'll try some lettuce in the fall.

defrost49 - Thank you.

• gardenlover25
    14 years ago

I love your garden! I can even feel the ambiance in your place.

• lavender_lass
    14 years ago

I wanted to bump this up for another post. Still a beautfiul garden :)

• tammyinwv
    14 years ago

I agree 110%! I have been looking at many pages of pics on goggle, and nothing compares.
    Tammy

• lulabellesview
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks guys! I'm blushing. It's not very beautiful right now, but things are starting to pop up and the excitement for a new season is mounting. Isn't it fun to see what survives and returns?

• robynscottdesigns
    14 years ago

SO lovely... thanks for sharing!

• gwenb
    14 years ago

Wow! I love this.

• juliegardens247
    14 years ago

Hi Lulabellesview! I just want to say how much I enjoy your blog. I have it bookmarked and I check it often. I have really been inspired by going through your entries and am thinking of how I can incorporate some of your perspectives on homemaking into my own life. It's like going on a little retreat.

Julie

• lulabellesview
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Julie,

Inspiration and sharing is what it's all about. It's so much fun to learn from and share with others through blogging and forums like this one. Are you a seasoned gardener or just getting your feet wet?

• juliegardens247
    14 years ago

Lulabellesview,

I've been gardening for quite a while now. I started with containers at my apartments in my twenties, taught myself through trial and error how to garden around my house in my thirties, and now that I turned forty last month I'm moving on to veggies. I do have a rose obsession but for the most part I've settled in to knowing which ones work in my garden and I'm just enjoying them now. Did add a couple new Austin varieties this year though. Couldn't help myself.

My "potager" is being created by raised bed boxes on the south side of my house that really is an RV parking pad. But the overall look of my very small house and lot is very cottagey. I even have a shed back there that is finished to match the house and has lighting.

Having great fun reading your blog. Loved the idea of the glass refrigerator containers! The butterfly gold is one of my favorite vintage pyrex patterns.

Julie

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County