Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancyjane_gardener

I don't understand?????

Why this forum has gone to the dogs!
I'm not able to post pics, but I know others know how!
I think I've posted the last 4-5 posts with 1 or 2 responses total!
I've received an I-pad mini (the old one went belly up) and plan to take some classes (including posting Pics!) at either BB or the Apple store (hard to get into the classes!)
I love my garden! Especially since I took an early retirement!
I enjoy the foggy mornings to take care of processing my veges, rather than the hot afternoons in August! I can also use my foggy mornings to actually WORK in the garden, rather than just go out with sun hat and grumble in the sun!
We went on a trip to Hawaii, which kinda messed with our dressing up of the yard! The weeds went wild! Oh well! Nancy

Comments (3)

• lavender_lass
    9 years ago

I know you said your garden went to the dogs...but the forum? LOL

A lot of people go directly to the vegetable forum or cottage garden forum, rather than potager forum. I've been dealing with illness, physical rehab, rebuilding business, foreclosure, bankruptcy, etc...so not doing much in the garden this summer, but next year I will be back! Looking forward to a new garden and the fun of a new layout. Hope you stick around! :)

• Pyewacket
    9 years ago

ALL the forums are much less active than in years past, with just a couple of exceptions.

It almost makes me miss usenet. People used to come and go, but the new folks always migrated to the same forums because they were all gathered together in one place where things were easy to find. If you were interested in bicycles, you went one place - usenet.rec.bicycles (with a handful of subgroups, and I'm probably not remembering the exact path).

Now that population is scattered all over the internet in hundreds, if not thousands, of related forums, which seem to go in and out of "style".

Yup, I almost miss usenet. The camaraderie. The sharing of information. The open discourse. The trolls ... the flame wars.

Maybe not after all, LOL!

• riverfarm
    9 years ago

Also, so many people have migrated to Facebook, and you can't have the same level of discourse there. I think all fora are finding this problem.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting