Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
haziemoon

Where is everyone?!!

haziemoon
17 years ago

I check in here twice a day, hoping to see some pics of your beautiful potagers....this is their time of year to shine!...Maybe everyone is too busy harvesting them to get online.

Haziemoon

Comments (10)

• girlgroupgirl
    17 years ago

Oh, no. THis is a horrible time of year for veggies here. The winter melon vines are way too long, and they are covering up the finished tomatoes so I can't yank them. The beds below are empty of all greens, waiting for cooler weather to come... I have two mini watermelons growing, that's about it!!

GGG

• happyintexas
    17 years ago

Yep, this is a terrible time to be photoing the gardens. Between the heat and the bugs, my beautiful veggies look very sad...no, they don't look sad, they look dead. :)

On a positive note, I'm getting rain as we speak. Soft, gentle showers. We've been so dry. Maybe we'll get some fall tomatoes on those heat-beaten, mite ravaged plants after all. :) Hope is a wonderful thing.

Happy

• haziemoon
    Original Author
    17 years ago

So sorry to hear the heat and bugs have made a mess out of your gardens. Things around here are looking pretty good.
    Everyone's gardens are green a producing really well. We have irrigation water, maybe that's why.

Haziemoon

• ninjabut
    17 years ago

My veges are yukky this year!
    The tomato plants look great, but the few maters I've gotten have been ikky. I finally got a good one today (note that I was told to move the mater plants every so often)
    I've only gotten about 4 zuks, 4 cucks, alot of green beans, and the maters are just starting to get red!
    The few I've gotten are mealy bleaght!
    I'm ready to put in my lettuce, mesclun and arugula. I have spinach, chard and green onions in also.
    Any other suggestions are appreciated!

• aypcarson
    17 years ago

Hazie,
    Mine is past peak but still presentable. Some of the lettuce is going to seed (on purpose). I transplant the seedlings in the spring to a new location. The cucumbers and beans failed this year so my the tutuers have sugar snaps and snow peas started on them. The center beds are perrenials and herbs. I need to work on them because they don't have much color right now. Fyi, I start all vegetables from seed...no greenhouse, just the portable ones that go for $30-40 at BJ's.

Entrance

Left side

Right side

Back right

Morning glories (new this year)

Resting place (notice the Johnny Jump Ups coming through the gravel!)

Back right

Sunflowers

The future:

Hope you enjoyed it!

ssg

• michelle_zone4
    17 years ago

SSG, what a wonderful potager you have. I loved each picture except the last. LOL

Michelle
    Mine isn't nearly as large or grand, but for the 2 of us it works good.
    Earlier:
    {{gwi:164349}}
    Now:
    {{gwi:681945}}

• aypcarson
    17 years ago

Michelle,
    Wow, what a transformation! Looks great! I love the shape.
    ssg

• manzomecorvus
    17 years ago

well haziemoon, the irrigation system worked great until a family crisis pulled me out of state for 2 weeks in late August... course the temps were in the 100s here, so I came home to a charbroiled potager-ouch!

Michelle, all I can say is wow!! Talk about everything one could want in a potager - lush, beautiful and colorful!

Southshore-your potager rocks as usual! Though I dunno about the last picture, its looking a little monochromatic to me...

• haziemoon
    Original Author
    17 years ago

southshore! Your potager is so beautiful!
    Thanks so much for posting!

Michelle! Wow! it doesn't even look like the same place.
    Amazing! it's really beautiful!

So glad to see some pics........you guys have really inspired me......I must go bigger!
    Loved the pics..thanks!!

• gurley157fs
    17 years ago

Sorry, I have neglected the potager forum for quite a while. I'm glad I stopped back by - both of the photo posts are fantastic!! And Michelle I remember when you first posted your beginning photos - it has come such a long way.

My potager is finished for the season and actually is being moved. My circle garden has finished it's first year and produced great buckets of zucchinni, yellow squash, and a good pile of sugar pumpkins. Now that the soil in the area is somewhat established I plan on having only the apple trees and herbs in that area. The veggies are being moved to a less visible area behind the shop.

Like GGG most of my veggies are done for the year but the eggplant has suprised me with a recent flush of fruit and a small tomatoe is producing again.

My garlic chives are producing a ton of scapes so now I need to look up how to use them. Seems I read somewhere that people saute them with other dishes for a mild garlic flavor.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH