Return to the Potager Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
CA freeze

Posted by nancyjane_gardener USDA 8ish No CA (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 22, 13 at 22:08

We had about a week of teens and low 20* here in mild No CA! We're still getting freezes each morning, but not hard freezes!
Last August my neighbors moved to Maui (poor fellers!) and gave me a BUNCH of her plants!
Oh my! Sooo many of the plants have died and we'll see if some of them have survived in the spring! There were so many, I put them under some cypress trees to hopefully keep them safe from our occasional frost.
All of the geraniums are toast, the asparagus ferns are damaged, but I think will survive.
Does anyone know if agapanthus will survive that long of a freeze? They look pretty bad! And I have them everywhere!
Along with the freeze is total drought! I have to remember to go out and water when I usually just rely on mother nature! Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: CA freeze

Did they survive?

o

Did they survive?

o

One of many geraniums survived. Why? Who knows? One right next to it froze!
The agapanthus looked pretty bad, but survived. The asparagus ferns....sort of survived. One came back a bit, the other......a sprig or two. Nancy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Potager Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here