Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
coronado_gw

sprinklers vs. drip system?

coronado
20 years ago

Hey everyone. Here's my dilemna. I'm starting to landscape my backyard and I'm trying to xeriscape it as much as possible (I live near downtown Phoenix, AZ). I have an area set aside as a native grass meadow with plans for wildflowers strewn about. I had planned on putting gravel mulch and a drip system throughout the yard EXCEPT for the meadow area, which would have been bare soil (to make the rare mowing safer and easier) and a sprinkler system. I went to my first ever gardening lecture last week however and was told by a woman there that a drip system would work just as well for a meadow/grass area and she also recommended I place the gravel mulch in this area. Is this the best way? It would certainly save water here and be easier than putting in 2 types of watering systems but I keep picturing getting hit with gravel when I mow. By the way I do have to mow a small patch (only down to 6 inches or so because my adult to older dog likes to have a cool place outside to lay down and nap). Well I hope I've given enough info- maybe too much, lol. Thanks for any and all info you can give as I am a brand new gardener. Best- Lou

Comments (3)

Sponsored