Return to the Meadows & Prairies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nor'easter Damage

Posted by bob64 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 27, 07 at 17:28

We had a record Nor'easter a few weeks ago here in the suburbs a little bit north of New York City. Got about 8 inches of rain in less than two days. Some areas were under water and the National Guard came in to help out one nearby town. I am already seeing what may be the precursor to the downstream Where I garden wasn't hit that hard but there was some damage. I lost a foot of top soil (and, presumably the plants in them, from one wet meadow area and various amounts of top soil from some other areas. I want to reestablish as quick as I can to rebuild and to slow down and further erosion. I already have some nice native seed mixes on order but I will probably be needing more. Any plant suggestions? Any native plants that I can buy already grown that will spread and fill in quickly?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nor'easter Damage

Just moving this down.
Problems since addressed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Meadows & Prairies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here