Return to the Meadows & Prairies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Globe Thistle Bare Root. Which end is up??? Help!

Posted by newbud_2010 6b (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 2, 11 at 20:07

Forgive me if this is not the correct forum for this question and feel free to direct me to the correct one if not but, I just received 3 bare root Globe Thistle plants and I can't for the life of me tell which end is the root end! Help!
One end is kind of fuzzy and the other is woody with what appear to be long roots, but could be top growth! Ack!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Globe Thistle Bare Root. Which end is up??? Help!

I am having the same problem. Which end ended up being up? :)

o
RE: Globe Thistle Bare Root. Which end is up??? Help!

Never looked at their roots, so not much help there, although I doubt you're looking at top growth. Most likely, those are roots, or vestiges of roots.

What I do know is if you like one globe thistle, you'd better like one thousand. I admired this plant at one time, so much so that I introduced it to a number of plantings. Wasn't too many years later, globe thistle was just about all I had in those spots.

Just sayin....

+oM

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Meadows & Prairies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here