Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mom555

I am not doing well with Wildflowers! Help!

Mom555
19 years ago

This is very embarrassing. I work at a nursery/flower farm in NJ. I spent hours planting on a hot May day this year (04). I weeded, turned over the soil, marked out my areas put the seeds in a great landscaping look for what i wanted. I looked at my baby daily. Watered daily and watched them form. Now I look at this "area" and all I see is the marked areas with sticks and see weeds! To be perfectly honest I do see flowers that are growing and I can determine which is flower and which is weed. But others, I don't know weed from flower! Tonight I started to clean up the areas and after I gave them a "haircut" I feel I may have pulled the flowers parts as well as weeds. Should I say forget it and scrap it all or should I wait and see what is left? I was thinking that maybe whatever I pulled I have a great butterfly bush I just got maybe I should plant that in the bare areas. I also have Pampas Grass maybe put it there too??? Mind you I may work in a prominant nursery but this is the first year I started and I am only learning. I have other great perennials and things that are working except this part of my garden that is WEEDS!! HELP!!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Columbus Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions