Return to the Meadows & Prairies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Noble Foundation Plant Image Gallery

Posted by pasadena z6-7WA (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 28, 04 at 11:35

Just found this website, perhaps others know about it already, but has a collection of over 600 photos of grasses, forbs, and woody plants. The emphasis is on the southern plains region of North America.

Noble Foundation Plant Image Gallery

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Noble Foundation Plant Image Gallery

great site -
for us midwest folks - i like to use the wisconsin herbarium website...lots of great photos and information...
the plants are specific to wisconsin but the plants are common to most other areas of the midwest and parts of canada.

Here is a link that might be useful: wisconsin herbarium

o

Great :)))

Vera

o

Thanks! Time to start making a list; please, other web sites with species photos for meadows and grasslands?

o

The Noble Foundation site is certainly one of my favorites. Here's another source of all sorts of native plant info:

Here is a link that might be useful: Wildflower Center

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Meadows & Prairies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here