Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rachel_z6

Dilemma: Pennisetum Little Bunny or Hamln

rachel_z6
16 years ago

I am planning on a mass planting of a dwarf grass to go in a large area that already is planted with a drift of liriope and a drift of daylillies. this is for a riverside estate with fertile, moist soil on the sandy side. Even a medium height grass would look wrong in this location, but a mass planting of a smaller grass will have a stunning effect. I would prefer a grass that gets no higher than 18", and after much deliberation decided on Pennisetum Little Bunny. I got a call yesterday from the place I ordered the liners from, and they said they'd sold out before they'd processed my order. So now that I have to reorder, I'm second guessing my decision. I've never done a mass planting of Little Bunny and am worried that it will just look like hair plugs, even after the first two years. I'm considering Hamln instead but am worried that in these ideal conditions it will grow to 2' or more.

It is just stupid to keep second guessing myself, but now that I'm there my thought process just runs around in circles. Any opinions on which one I should choose, or suggestions for other grasses (zone 7b, must have fountain effect).

Comments (5)

Sponsored