Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patricias_herbs

Accepting Bankcards On & Off-Site????

patricias_herbs
18 years ago

Hello,

I asked this over on the Farmer's Market Forum without much success, so I'm hoping for advice here.

I've decided to finally accept credit cards this season (fought it for several years). With my business volume (and customer requests) I've decided it's time. I attend 2 Farmer's Markets weekly, and the greenhouse is open seasonal. Plus I vend at a couple of large garden shows. I will have a minimum of $10. We use a cash register at all locations, so there is power. Quick transactions, or fairly quick are important too. I found using the electronic slide & storing info off-site, then hooking up the phone when I get home to send info really interesting. I'm concerned about the time it takes to punch in every card on a dial up phone while customers are in line.

Taking into account on & off-site sales and seasonal, plus ease and speed of use-

Who do you recommend? I checked with my bank, they are high $$ for a small biz. I have also checked into Propay.com, Charge.com, and Costco. All are acceptable for the seasonal aspect but may not be 'quick'. Does anyone use cell phones with electronic slides off-site?

Thanks for you advice- Patricia

Comments (6)