Return to the Professional Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
POS systems

Posted by christinmk z5b eastern WA (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 6, 14 at 23:13

I work at a nursery and the office manager asked me to help look into a new Point of Sale system.

What one do you use? Do you like it? What are the negatives about it? Have you used others to compare your current one against?

Your personal thoughts...what traits are particularly useful when looking for a POS system for a nursery?
Many thanks!
CMK

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: POS systems

Chris, we use a product called Keystroke - it is a full POS database. I use it primarily on the inventory end of the business and it find it works great for that purpose but can't really speak either to the sales or customer files end of the product.

Each nursery I've worked at (4 in total) have used different POS systems but I've not necessarily been in a position to evaluate each one of them :-) As far as the most useful trait would be concerned, I probably list "flexibility" at the top!

o

Many thanks for your comment gardengal! ;-)
CMK

o

Whew...........that's the trouble with acronyms. I expected to hear a rant. ;-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Professional Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here