Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
farmingvillefarmer

Will this work?

farmingvillefarmer
15 years ago

Hello all Im trying to start a backyard nursery. Actually I just want to grow some plants and put them out on a table in the driveway for my wife to sell during the day. I also have a friend with a farm stand that wants some flowers to sell along with his veggies. So I decided to put together some shelves with jiffy peletts in trays under flourecent lights. I have about 32 flats that hold i think it was 38 jiffy pelets. I started by seed all sorts of Impatience, Marigold, Zinnia, Rudbeckia, Calendula, Salvia, Petunia, Viola, and some other things like Bleeding Heart, Chinese House, Chinese Lantern and Four O'Clocks. Ive also Winter Sown Lavender, Columbine and some of the above mentioned because I had so many seeds.

Some of my plants are on thier 2nd and 3rd sets of true leaves and it's only Feb. 3rd. I hope I didnt start too soon as I dont have a cold frame or a green house, but I think by March I might get a small green house to hold the flowers in. I have been transplanting already into 4" pots and keeping them under the lights, so far they are all doing very well. Ill just keep raising the lights as the flowers get taller. I think around April i'll be ready to start selling here on Long Island NY. please leave any advise or comments thank you

Anthony

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022