Return to the Professional Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Source for mail order annual plugs

Posted by joji NY 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 15, 14 at 8:51

Hello All! I have been away from GW for many years. In the meantime, I have moved into the field professionally. I am looking for any info on mail order companies that sell annual plants as plugs. Easy to find for perennials. Any help is so appreciated! Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Source for mail order annual plugs

Park Seed Company, Harris Seed Company....depends on the size of the plugs and quantities you are looking for.

o
RE: Source for mail order annual plugs

Best options varies from region to region.
I am from midwest, so I get my plugs in small quantities from Fariblaut Growers, MN (minimum 25 plugs per variety; orders minimum $300) + Shipping/Handling. Pot stick tags included.
If I could afford shopping for large quantities I would go with Ball Horticulture. You need to request them for catalogs and order forms and they will mail it to you. Their online website and catalogs are quite complicated to keep track off. Easier just to ask for paper copies. They have great variety and greenhouses all over the country. For most plugs minimum of one kind is 100 and order minimum (I might be wrong) $1500 + Shipping/Handling + Brokerage fee + Pots stick tags for extra fee.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Professional Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here