Return to the Professional Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need pricing guide for garden antiques

Posted by Passion4Gardening 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 10, 12 at 12:31

Does anyone have any book recommendations for a pricing guide for ornamental garden antiques? I've found several good books describing the garden antiques, but none with pricing information.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need pricing guide for garden antiques

What is a garden antique?

o

Garden Antiques are old usually 100 years old or older, they can be urns, planters, lions, dogs etc of various materials(think of graveyard in the country which often have such things, angels, dog, cat birds etc)Some garden antiques are old farm equipment such as wheelbarrows, hay wagons,plows,etc, or wagon wheels that can be set against a fence with flowers & rocks with pillar with clay, concrete , brass or other antique container to make an interesting spot in garden. Older the antique more interesting & weather-vanes should be where they can't be easily stolen as some are very pricey. Check E-bay to see if they have Garden Antiques or just Google it in & should get some help otherwise go to Antiques forum,it's in the list at top of this page under "Home Forums" if you don't know value of something you have that is antique they may be able to tell you. Some are dealers. Try Antique Farm Auctions/dealers & see if you can find what you are looking for. The animals & large pots or other containers are quite pricey!

o

Thanks for the info Sunnyca.

o
weathervane porcelane pirate antique weather vane.

HELP!!! I am looking for anyone knowledgeable in regards to 'ANTIQUE METAL WEATHERVANES' PLEASE CHECK OUT THIS LINK BELOW AND MAYBE you caan send me in the right direction. thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: porcelane pirate

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Professional Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here