Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debndulcy

Basement 'Greenhouse' Needs & Rental/Alternatives for Spring

debndulcy
13 years ago

With the quick and early winter start here, I had 100's of cuttings (shrubs and some perennials) rooting, as well as many plants I'd dug up/divided, etc. Worked quickly as I could to plant all, and by then felt they needed the protection of my basement (not heated, but about 55-60 degrees with the furnace on).

Never meant to get so over my head, but hate to give up on any of the plants, and would like to sell any possible this Spring and Summer...

HELP..! My house is going on the market early this spring and I NEED TO FIND A SPACE/PLACE TO PUT/KEEP THE PLANTS GROWING, once it's time to get outdoors. Checked out a boarded up old greenhouse to rent and been looking on craigslist for something similar - or even a private sunny lot - and no success yet. (I can build to cover as needed.) I've looked at greenhouses I might buy and use for this period, but would need one too large for my budget, - and yes, still no where to put it.

PLEASE - any and all suggestions are most welcome (except for those telling me what I shouldn't have done in the first place :) ... hopefully you've made mistakes, too).

THANK YOU in advance! (If this should move to Greenhouses, please let me know; - I thought it was a broader question.)

Comments (2)

Sponsored