Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
abcxyz_gw

Any Advice Appreciated!

ABCXYZ
19 years ago

Hello one and all.

I am facing a rather thorny professional problem, and wanted to get some insight. I am trying to keep this as anonymus as possible, so it may get a little confusing. Last year, I oversaw a large yard renovation for the company I work for. The client had a reputation for being difficult, which I was told after the contract was signed. I always take good care of my clients, but I was extra attentive on this project, visiting every day, meeting whenever they asked, and carefully noting any comments or concerns. Just before we were finished, the client requested a meeting to answer questions and do a walk through. At this meeting, the client was verbally abusive and insulting to myself and my collegue. The client also presented us with a list of additional work that we were expected to do for free. Needless to say, the meeting was cut short. We tried to resolve the situation through letters and phone calls, but the client sued us. After a year, this client has finally settled with the company, as there is absolutely no case on their side. My problem is that now this person is now smearing my company and my own professional reputation in the community. I suspect very strongly that we lost a job with a past client due to these lies. Have any of you ever experienced something like this? If so, what did you do? I am very upset by this whole situation, and would appreciate any advice.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!