Return to the Professional Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden Planter in the Backyard

Posted by amyxz123 none (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 21, 12 at 23:09

Hi,
I am going to buy a long planter(about 14ft) to put it in my backyard, what vegetables or flowers can I plant? planter dimension: 14'L*14"W*12.5"H. I perfer long planter but will there be many problems on the maintanence? The two ends of planter are metal, but the body is composite, my husband said it's too strange and ugly, so I wonder your thoughts about it?

Our house decoration is going to be finished,planter is the last one.So it's urgent.Thanks!

Amy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden Planter in the Backyard

I love, love, my raised garden beds. Mine are made of redwood and there is no maintenance. They get few weeds and are easy a pie to weed. I grow tomatoes, eggplants, cucumbers(trellised) and summer squash in mine. The best thing I grow in mine is root crops. I filled mine with top soil and compost. There are absolutly no rocks and the root crops are perfect!
Mine are two feet high so I can't grow melons or winter squash because of the drop. Make sure the metal on your ends do not leach chemicals into the soil.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Professional Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here