Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jsmanning0001

How/Where to Sell my Plants

jsmanning0001
12 years ago

I so desperately want to start my own nursery. However, with todays economy I'm afraid to quit my day job and dive in. I do have horticulture experience and my husband just completed my new greenhouse. I have been using a hoopstyle and having to re-wrap every year. I have finally moved up and have a polycarbonate with ventilation and everything! WOO HOO!

Anyways, I have always started my own plants and veggies from seed and gave them away. I am very good with propagating from seeds and cuttings.

I want to get into selling a few and slowly get my feet wet to avoid going in debt. I know the first few years won't be an income to live on but, it will help me payfor upgrades and a few leisures.

I have tons of veggie plants, starting to work on trees, bushes, shrubs and roses. I also have over 300 canna lilies I grew from seed.

How can I sell these plants? I live in a small country city that isn't too big but not tiny either. I have considered eBay and Etsy to help get the ball rolling. I know the trees and shrubs will have to be grown a few years before they are ready which is perfect because that's how long I plant on it taking to be able to go full force.

I have searched the threads on backyard nurseries and I am very intersested and plan on doing so. I'm just wondering what ideas you guys have on a smaller scale for the time being!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH