Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carriebor

Landscape Job Interviews - YIKES

Carrie B
18 years ago

So, I'm interviewing for "maintenance gardener" type positions with landscaping companies.

I've had four interviews so far.

One, a first interview with the manager. Second interview with that company is tomorrow, with the owner.

Two & Three, with another company. Interviewed with the manager a few weeks ago, today with the owner. He'll have a decision by the end of the day tomorrow, I think it went well.

Four, one interview with the owner last week. She offered me the job, I told her I'd let her know at the end of this week.

I liked all the individuals I've interviewed with so far. All lay you off in the winter for a few months.

The one that offered me the job doesn't provide benefits, but it pays enough over my measly current garden center/flower shop salary to cover COBRA for healthcare, plus some. It is also the only woman-owned company, and she said she's thinking about taking on a partner (too much work for her to do by herself) and that would be a growth opportunity for me.

The other two companies do offer health benefits. I asked the one I interviewed with today what happens during lay-off months in winter, he said they maintain (and pay for) health benefits, and I'd be eligible for unemployment.

The company I interviewed with first, and who I'm interviewing with tomorrow, seemed very professional and I really liked the woman who interviewed me, and she'd be my direct supervisor.

Any thoughts and advice with be thoroughly appreciated.

Comments (5)

Sponsored