Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rose__rosesforever

Where's Mich (in_zonal_denial)????

rose__rosesforever
18 years ago

Hi there.

Great Forum that you've got. I've been reading along and you are a great help. Thanks alot.

For the last 2 months I was hibernating, 'cause we are draining in snow (literally!!) here in South Germany.

So - did I miss something??? I certainly miss Mich and her unique posts!

Rose.

Comments (19)

• deeproots
    18 years ago

Mich informed me a little while ago that she was sick of landscaping.

She recently started working at the local Blockbuster video store (swing shift).

She seems to be happy.

• Cady
    18 years ago

Heh heh.
    She's writing a book, doing her creative magic on California landscapes, and sick of the pop-up ads on I-Village Web as are those of us who still have dial-up.

• trianglejohn
    18 years ago

Do they have blockbuster's in Marin County??? Does she get to wear the bustier and cowboy boots to work??? So many questions....

• SeniorBalloon
    18 years ago

She has deviated to another site. A place that has a bit more Curb Appeal for her.

jb

• rose__rosesforever
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Deeproots,

isn't it supposed to be the other way around????
    To speak for myself: The Green Virus got me for good.
    But as long as she's happy - that's all that counts.
    I'll truly miss her posts.

But besides of that - you guys are all great. I'm reading as many posts as I can so I won't bother you with questions that have been answered already.

• mdvaden_of_oregon
    17 years ago

I should see Germany some day, where my ancestry is from. I have never been there. My aunt - Dad's brother's wife - lived there, but my Dad and several generations before him lived near Athens.

The last name Vaden was changed from Baden when my Dad moved to Canada in the 1950s. I almost changed it back to Baden when I became a USA citizen about 15 years ago.

• rose__rosesforever
    Original Author
    17 years ago

@mdvaden: I live in Southwest Germany, about 55 miles north of Lake Constance. What's the exact location of Your german carrots (roots I mean :))?
    Rose

• inkognito
    17 years ago

I have to tell ya that a post that began with a querie about the whereabouts of mich in ZD that includes a delve into Mario Vadens carroots is surreal not to say bizarre.

• Cady
    17 years ago

Mich would have wanted it that way.

• inkognito
    17 years ago

Ain't that the truth cady san.

• Embothrium
    17 years ago

Time for a shrine?

• pansysoup
    17 years ago

You KNOW Mich doesn't have dial-up.

• Embothrium
    17 years ago

I thought that WAS the problem, she had dial-up, couldn't take the new ads, and so forth. That's what she posted at one point, anyway.

• annebert
    17 years ago

Check out this month's issue of Garden Design.

• bradmm
    17 years ago

Well, I've been away for quite some time and this was the very question I was wanting to know... where's Michelle? Guess she's moved on...?

• laag
    17 years ago

She is knocking over jockies on rich peoples lawns.

• bahia
    17 years ago

She is actually on a dream vacation with the Hortisexuals in Bali as we speak, and will no doubt fall further into the spell of all things combining well with Pina Coladas, or maybe it will now be Singapore Slings... I hope she might share her experiences on this trip with about 30 other garden crazed designers touring private and public gardens in Bali, especially around Ubud and Sanur.

It is a pity that she no longer posts here on Gardenweb, as there is no one else with her exact sense of humor,

• Embothrium
    17 years ago

Yes, the exclamation lived by here is "This jocularity is most unseemly!".

• Cady
    17 years ago

Father Mulcahy would have liked her, despite his blushing.

Since Mich already is enamored of tropicalesque style, Bali will most probably serve to increase and abet her cravings for over-the-top exotic plants and decor. Keep watching Garden Design just in case some of her work gets spotlighted, as it has in past years.

Sponsored