Return to the Professional Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Comparing MLA Programs

Posted by jaquiring none (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 9, 14 at 1:20

I'm not sure which forum to post this under, but I figured this one would get many views by Landscape Architects.

I was recently accepted into the MLA programs of both Cal Poly Pomona and University of Southern California. Pomona has a long-standing program and is regularly ranked highly by the Design Institute. USC on the other hand has a fairly new program, but it's architecture school is one of the best in the US. USC also tends to have more money to develop their programs for future improvements and growth.

Does anyone have any information on these programs?

I know the schools' costs are very different, but what other major differences do the schools have?

How important is "the name" on a diploma for the MLA program? Which school has the better name in the LA industry?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Comparing MLA Programs

You'll need to quiz the local market to find the answers to your question. Also the placement departments of each program should have some interesting information.

o
RE: Comparing MLA Programs

the name depends what you want to do. I recently hired an MLA grad (we do landscape design and consulting, so we're not a landscape architecture firm) and I don't recall where she graduated from. Don't care. All I know is most portfolios I got from MLA grads really sucked and hers caught my attention.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Professional Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here